COVID-19 UPDATE at Retina Consultants of Alabama
Retina Consultants of Alabama remains open and available to see patients for appointments, treatments, and urgent retinal problems. We are taking extensive precautions to maintain a safe environment while continuing to provide vision preserving retinal care.
If you have an upcoming appointment and have had any COVID symptoms including fever, cough, or respiratory illness in the last two weeks, we ask that you call us at 1-800-575-4314 to reschedule your appointment with us.
We are working to safeguard the health of our patients and staff by enforcing the following policies:
- Screening of all patients and staff prior to entry
- Restricting visitors, asking patients to attend appointments alone while family and friends wait in the car
- Maintaining social distancing in all patient waiting areas
- Placing an increased priority on disinfecting frequently touched surfaces including doors and knobs, light switches, counter tops, pens, clipboards, and chairs in addition to our regular professional cleaning
- Wearing of masks and gloves by all physicians and staff
- Conducting daily temperature checks of all physicians and staff
- Continuing our normal vigorous OSHA standard disinfection of patient treatment areas and equipment